Home » , , , » Recap 2013 Changes 2014

Recap 2013 Changes 2014

Written By shiva on Monday, February 10, 2014 | 4:47 PM

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Happy New Year!!

2013 was awesome! ... a little late, but here are your favorite posts as well as a few highlights of 2013.

At the end, Ill talk about about a few of my goals and what you can expect to find here in 2014 :)

Highlights .. lots of small ones and a few larger ones. Heres my top two.

Early in 2013, our own March madness began - participating in Creating with the Stars and then WINNING!!

and 2013 ended with a bang, a magazine feature and cover of Make It Over!!! Definitely a dream come true to be in a magazine and surreal to see my bedroom on the cover!



Top Posts from 2013 (based on page views)

10. How to build a campaign style desk

I sold most furniture from California when we moved, but this one came with. Glad you like it too!!


9. Offset Striped Rug

I love this project because we only had to buy painters tape .. we used the other side of my Moroccan rug (I wish Ikea still sold the white Erslev rug!) AND it only took a few hours!


 8. Custom Shelving for $35 

I love that it divided my long room (office/dining/living) into two sections while still feeling open. The price is pretty amazing too.


7. Grasscloth + Nailhead Feature Wall  One of my favorite and most time consuming projects to date.

This was a part of our final project for CWTS .. we worked non stop for two days. Yes, those are over 2,000 individual nails. (yes, we are crazy) Would I do it again? Yes, but not in a two day period, broken up over a few weeks :)


























6. Tripod Lamp 

We did this right after we moved to Ohio with limited supplies, so I was super happy with how it turned out! It was also featured as one of Apartment Therapys homemade Christmas gifts!


























5. Tufted Headboard with Nailhead Trim

We made this one for friends and while the deep tufts werent easy, we definitely learned a few things! Love the bedding combo too :)


4. Schumacher Zimba Inspired Draperies 

Obsessed with this print, so happy I was able to find a diy option!!


3. Fluorescent Diffuser to Statement Pendant 

Yep, this one came with us to Ohio too ... YES the movers did break it ;( .. The movers originally told me that it wouldnt fit in a box, so I couldnt ship it (me contemplating how to fit it in the already packed car with us to drive across the country) Then getting them to reluctantly build a custom box .. box arrive intact, but the top piece was loose in the box and from it banging around it broke one of the arms off (grr for them not wrapping it up) but good news - it is fixable with a little work :)


2. Coral Headboard with Arms 

The other half of our CWTS final project .. I was originally planning a more neutral headboard, but Im so glad that I didnt, coral is definitely more me :)


1. Driftwood Herringbone Table

Our most time consuming project to date, but definitely one of my favorites!! The movers didnt break this one .. we took the top off and it was carefully wrapped separately!! Thank goodness!!


























2013 was great, full of DIY projects and making our rental our own ... 2014 will bring LOTS of change some known and a lot unknown! Closing on a house (1 week away!) Cant wait! But, we wont be living there full time for at least a few months. We still have to finish up in Ohio .. So what does this mean for the blog? In Ohio, were currently in a partially furnished house (kitchy nautical theme). YIKES (more info why were there here) So there wont be an Ohio house tour since there are lots of things that I cant change .. more like heres the wall that our sofa is on, not the whole room with an ugly fireplace and a table that had to stay .. Is that OK? Im writing for Houzz and Infarrantly Creative, and my projects and photos have be something Id sign my name on .. but Ill gladly share it all here if youd like to see. Let me know your thoughts.

BUT photos of our new house will share the complete process (good, bad, and ugly) in real time as we do them .. Im excited :)

So in the next few months Ill be sharing more staged shots from Ohio, and real time photos of our new house in Maryland. Were not exactly sure how everything will work out in the next few months, but Ill be sure to share as we find things out!

Bring on 2014!! :)

Weve been busy working on lots of projects over the break, so look for those posts next week!!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment